1600 Calorie diet plan for a healthy Living
By Aashi Jain Created on : May 7, 2021
The aim of a 1600 calorie diet plan is to achieve 1600 calories in a day. Your body is uniquely designed to consume a specific number of calories. These calories are enough to keep your body healthy and in shape.
So to stay fit and healthy, you need to follow this diet plan. If you are a fitness freak trying to achieve the right body shape with correct nutrition then here I am with the best action plan for you. This plan is a 1600 calorie diet plan.
Weight loss and dieting – Say NO to Keto Diet
You might often think that eating nothing or dieting can make you lose weight and stay healthy. But you might have not been able to follow any diet plan or keto diet, then this one is the best plan for you.
Dieting or decreasing your calories too much can have the opposite effect on your body. These will be adverse effects.
Your health can deteriorate and you can fall ill. Your body can become unhealthy and weak. The basic requirement of your body is to get all the nutrients including fats in the proper amount, which does not happen in this case of dieting.
Calorie division according to meal
The food items included in the meal plan should come from all the categories so that all the dietary needs of the body are met. Because of which you and your body feel whole and complete the entire day.
|MEALS||NO. OF CALORIES|
- BREAKFAST – You should eat your breakfast early morning at around 8 pm. The breakfast should contain 500 Kcal, which is preferred to avoid a heavy meal for lunch.
- LUNCH – You must eat your lunch after mid-noon i.e.; 2 pm. The lunch should contain 500 Kcal in a day.
- DINNER – Dinner is advised to be consumed at around 8 pm for proper digestion of food before your next meal i.e., breakfast of the next morning. The dinner should also contain 500 Kcal in a day.
- Snacks – You should prefer snacks in between lunch and dinner (at 4 pm) and can also be taken in the form of brunch (at 11 am). The snacks should be limited to 100 Kcal.
SERVINGS PER DAY
|FAT-FREE MILK OR LOW-FAT MILK AND MILK PRODUCTS||2-3|
|NUTS, SEEDS AND LEGUMES||3 / WEEK|
NUTRIENT REQUIREMENTS ACCORDING TO 1600 CALORIE MEAL PLAN
|CARBOHYDRATES||250 – 300 gm|
|TOTAL FAT||10 – 15 gm|
The food items that should be avoided for a healthy living
- Candy and milk chocolates, Sugar, White rice, White bread, Sweet syrups, desserts, and pastries should be strictly avoided as they contain a high amount of simple carbohydrates, which are not healthy for our body in large amounts.
- Margarine, butter, ghee, eggs, milk, cheese and red meat are avoided due to the presence of high levels of saturated fats that increase the cholesterol level in blood.
- Fried foods should be highly restricted in your diet.
- Avoid alcohol.
- Carbonated and artificial sweetened drinks should be avoided.
The food items that can be included in your diet plan
- Non-starchy fruits and vegetables
- Complex carbohydrates such as whole grain brad and pasta, bran, roti.
- Unsaturated fats like olive oil, vegetable oil, rice bran oil, canola oil, mustard oil, peanut oil, corn oil, soybean oil, etc. can be used instead of saturated fats.
- Lentils, beans, soy, mushroom, tofu, etc. are high in protein and should be consumed in appropriate amounts.
THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND For 1600 calorie diet plan
- Fats should not be discarded from your diet. Always consume unsaturated fats (monounsaturated and polyunsaturated) to lose weight. It is a myth that fats should be discarded from one’s diet to lose weight as fats are very essential for our body’s functioning. Saturated fats should be highly avoided.
- Never consume food before going to sleep. Always consume food 2-3 hours before you sleep. It helps with better digestion of food.
- Always try to consume food according to the diet plan.
- Never starve yourself. Eat if you feel hungry.
- Do not eat if you are not hungry.
- Consume ample amount of water. Water detoxifies your body and keeps you healthy.
- The food should be consumed in less amounts but frequently. You can include approximately 5-6 small meals in a day.
- The breakfast should always be heavy in comparison to other meals.
In India, strictly vegetarian diet is preferred in most households. And this is the reason the diet plans prepared should be accurate for that person. The table below shows the food items that can be consumed at the time of a particular meal. Meal planning for a 1600 calorie diet plan is right here.
BREAKFAST(8:00 – 8:30AM)
1 Aloo paratha / Paneer paratha / Dal Paratha+ 1 cup Curd + 6 almonds1 cup Soy milk + 1 cup cornflakes + 1 ripe banana 2 Vegetable sandwiches + 1 cup orange juice
|BRUNCH(11:00 – 11:30AM)|
1 cup Pomegranate / 1 Orange + 1 Guava / 1 cup grapes
|LUNCH(2:00 – 2:30 PM)|
1 cup Parboiled Rice/ 3 chapatis + ½ cup Veg curry + ½ cup Dal + ¼ fresh lemon + Salad
|SNACKS(4:00 – 4:30 PM)|
1 cup Green Tea + ½ tsp honey + 1 cup paneer tikka / soybean chap 1 cup Green tea + 4 Almonds + 5-6 Raisins
|DINNER (8:00 – 8:30 PM)|
2 Chapatis + 1 cup vegetable curry + Salad
FAQs related to the 1600 Diet Plan
How much weight can you lose eating 1600 calories a day?
If you reduce 1000 calories in a day, by the end of the week you should have lost around 2 pounds. If you are a person who usually consumes 2100 calories and above in a day, consuming 1600 calories which is a 500 calorie deficit from your normal intake will promote weight loss
Is 1600 calories a day healthy for a woman?
According to the 2015-2020 Dietary Guidelines for Americans, women are likely to need between 1,600 and 2,400 calories a day, and men from 2,000 to 3,000.
How many carbs should I eat on a 1600 calorie diet?
The daily recommended intake of carbohydrates for adults ranges from 45% to 60% of calories. On a 1600–calorie diet, that comes to around 180 grams to 240 grams per day or 60 grams to 80 grams per meal. On a 2000-calorie diet, that looks like 225 grams to 325 grams of carbs per day or 75 to 108 grams of carbs per meal.
1600 CALORIE DIET PLAN