20 Healthy Summer Drinks For Beating The Heat – Refreshing Beverages
By Shambhavi Singh Created on : June 3, 2021
20 Healthy Summer Drinks For Beating The Heat – Refreshing Beverages. Darling, here are the best drinks of this summer to keep yourself refreshed and hydrated. This summer beat the heat with these amazing beverages. These drinks are a must-have during the sizzling summers.
Summers are the best time to have multiple varieties of drinks and beverages that can keep you cool. Cooling and hydrating yourself is also the key to glowing and nourishing skin during the peak hot days.
The hot summers make you feel tired and frustrated. But if you want to release all the pressure and burden, then immerse yourself in the sea of super cool drinks this summer.
Make yourself happy and glowing with the 20 amazing and healthy summer drinks of the year. You are going to be the savage cookery expert of your home. So, fasten your seat belt and get ready to ride on the giant wheel of recipes and bliss.
And, yes please don’t worry about the amount of work required to make these healthy and yummy drinks. Because, these drinks will be instant life savers for you. You can make them easily within minutes.
Nimbu Paani/ Shikanji/ Lemonade
So, the first in my list is the easiest to make and the most refreshing of all. It is none other than nimbu paani or shikanji or lemonade. You can make it within minutes and can serve to guests during summers.
Ingredients Of Nimbu Paani – One of The 20 Healthy Summer Drinks
|1/4 cups||mint leaves|
|5 tbsp||lemon juiced|
Recipe To Make Nimbu Paani – Healthiest Summer Drink
- 1.Take minty leaves in a bowl.
- 2.Add sugar to it and crush it well to make a paste.
- 3.Take water in a glass and add the paste and lemon juice to it.
- 4.Stir well.
- 5.You can garnish the drink with lemon roundrels.
Watermelon Juice – One Among The Top 20 Healthy Summer Drinks
This is the best preferred fruit during the sizzling summers. And its juice can even be better and refreshing. The children or people in your home who do not like watermelon will also love its juice which is extremely refreshing and lovable.
Ingredients to Make Watermelon Juice
|1 medium-size bowl||watermelon cubes|
|2 tbsp/ as per requirement||sugar|
|4-5 (optional)||mint leaves|
|¼ tsp||black salt/ kala namak|
|½ a lemon||lemon juice|
How to cut watermelon:
- Cut the watermelon into two haves and then try to divide the half part into more parts and cut the pinkish pulp into small cubes using a knife.
Making watermelon juice:
- Take a blending jar or mixer, add the watermelon cubes into it.
- Add sugar as per requirement.
- Add mint leaves.
- Close the lid of the jar and blend the juice well.
- Take a bowl and with the help of a strainer, strain the juice.
- Add black salt and lemon extract to the juice.
- Stir well.
- Discard the seeds.
- Take serving glasses, pour the juice into the glasses.
- Add ice cubes into the glasses.
- Serve chilled.
What can I drink to reduce body heat? Or what is the best drink for hot weather? What should you drink in the summer heat? Which juice is best for summer? If these are the questions in your mind and you want their answers, then you are at the right place.
Because these were the questions in my mind too, then I got the answers and made this list. Mango shakes are loved by people of all ages. You can also try other mango recipes.
Ingredients Of Mango Smoothie/ Mango Shake
|100 ml||single cream|
|200 ml||full-fat milk|
|400 ml||natural unsweetened yogurt|
|400 ml||Mango pulp|
How to Make Mango Smoothie – Most Refreshing Drink in The Top 20 Healthy Beverages
- 1.This variation on the basic lassi recipe is made using a fruit that is synonymous with India.
- 2.In this recipe, ready-made mango pulp is used for extra sweetness, but a fresh-pulped large or medium mango can be substituted.
- 3.Blend the ingredients together and serve with ice.
Aam Panna – The Healthy Drink of Summer
This drink is a tasty and mouth-watering drink made with the supreme fruit of all times, mango. It helps you by keeping you hydrated and also fights against heatwaves or ‘loo’.
Ingredients Of Aam Panna
|500 gm||green mangoes|
|2 tsp||kala namak (black rock salt)|
|2 tsp roasted and powdered||cumin seeds|
|2 tbsp finely chopped||mint leaves|
How to Make Aam Panna
- 1.Boil the mangoes till they become soft inside, and the skin gets dis-colored.
- 2.When cool enough to handle, remove the skin and squeeze the pulp out of the mangoes.
- 3.Mix all the ingredients together, blend and add 2 cups of water.
- 4.Put some ice in the glasses and pour the panna over it.
Jaljeera – Healthy and Tasty Summer Drink
Lip-smacking and amazingly delightful Jaljeera is a treat to the taste buds. You can easily make it within minutes and refresh your mind and body with it. This drink will leave you satiated and refreshed.
Ingredients Of Jaljeera – One among the 20 Healthy Summer Drinks
|125 Gram||Tamarind pulp|
|3 Tbsp||Mint leaves|
|1/2 tsp||ground cumin|
|3/4 tsp||Ground cumin, roasted|
|50 Gram||Jaggery, grated|
|4 tsp||Black salt|
|1 Tbsp||Ginger salt (gourmet flavored salt), grated|
|3-4 Tbsp||Lemon juice|
|A pinch||Chilli powder (Kashmiri Mirch)|
|1/2 tsp||Garam masala|
How to Make Jaljeera
- 1.For the jaljeera, add all the ingredients in a food processor and blend it together.
- 2.Chill overnight. Then strain and freeze it.
- 3.Garnish the drink with some boondis and serve.
This desi drink will make you feel whole and complete. It will hydrate you and keep your body satiated. So this summer try this desi Indian drink full of goodness. This sattu ka namkeen sharbat is the specialty of Bihar. It provides the best cooler during hot summer days.
Ingredients for Making Sattu Ka Namkeen Sharbat
|One-fourth cup||Chana sattu|
|4 cups||Chilled water|
|2 teaspoons||Lemon juice|
|Half teaspoon||Roasted Cumin powder|
|2 teaspoons (chopped)||Mint leaves|
|to taste||Black salt|
|1 (chopped)||Green chilli|
|2 teaspoons (grated)||Raw Mango|
How to Make Sattu Sharbat
1. Add all ingredients in a jug and mix well.
2. Serve in glasses along with some ice cubes.
3. Garnish with more mint leaves.
Buttermilk (Chaas) – Best Summer Beverage
Curd-based Indian drink is a wonderful and delicious beverage liked by all age groups. Chaas is a beauty for the guests and an appetizer for all. It is a must-try drink for all age groups.
Ingredients for Chaas
|2 cups||plain curd|
|2||green chillies, chopped|
|A small bunch||coriander leaves, chopped|
|1 tsp||rock salt or black salt|
Method for making Chaas
1. Without adding water to the curd, add all the ingredients together.
2. Using a blender (or a hand churner), blend the mixture well. You can do this in a food processor (using a whipping blade) on low speed too.
3. In a large pot, add the mixture and pour in 2 cups of chilled water. Mix it well so there are no lumps.
4. Refrigerate till it’s ready to be served. However, give the chaas at least 20 minutes to set.
5. You can sprinkle some chaat masala on top before serving, and garnish with a spring of coriander as well.
Coconut Water/ Nariyal Paani
This natural drink is the perfect appetizer of all times. It is an all season drink for one and all. Nariyal paani is loved by all.
The healthy benefits of Coconut Water are innumerable.
- It increases immunity.
- Good for skin and hair.
- It is an anti ageing agent.
- Keeps the heart-healthy.
- It helps you burn fat.
You can buy this directly from the market. You can even extract this drink by just making a hole in the coconut and then storing the juice. The you can drink it.
Lassi – Healthiest in the Top 20 Summer Drinks
This refreshing and healthy drink from the state of Punjab is one of the 20 healthy summer drinks. It is tasty and super cool. It is easy to make and quick to serve.
Ingredients Of Lassi
- 750 gms yogurt
- 50 gms ice cubes
- Salt or sugar
- 200 ml water
|50 gms||ice cubes|
|As per taste||Salt or sugar|
How to Make Lassi – one of the 20 Healthy Summer Drinks
- 1. Crush the ice cubes in a blender.
- 2. Add the yogurt, water, salt, or sugar.
- 3. Blend for about 1 minute.
- 4. Serve chilled.
- 5. If you are making a namkeen lassi you can add masala like bhuna jeera and kala namak and as desired.
Barley Water – Best to Beat The Heat
Barley water is the best recipe and solution for good health. It provides the ultimate solution to all health issues. And becomes a boon for people from all age groups.
Ingredients to Make Barley Water
|1/4 cup||pearl barley|
|1||A lemon rind (optional)|
Instructions to Make Barley Water at home
1. Heat the water and pearl barley in a saucepan and bring it to a boil.
2. Add the salt and let it cook on a low flame for 30 minutes. You can muddle the grains a little, using a spoon.
3. Strain it into a glass, tip in a lemon rind, and drizzle with a little honey on top. Let it cool completely. You can also keep it in the refrigerator for 30 minutes and then have it.
Sugarcane Juice – Natural Cooler
This is another natural and very delicious beverage. This nourishes your body, skin and metabolism during summers.It helps the body in replenishing and gaining the lost charm.
You can buy this drink from the markets. But making it at home is a bit difficult so don’t try making it at home. Make sure to drink this once during scorching summers.
Sugarcane has various health benefits.
- Keeps the kidney pure and healthy.
- Helps in good functioning of liver.
- Replenishes protein of body.
- Relieves constipation.
- Good for diabetes.
- Prevents bad breath and tooth decay.
- Builds up plasma and body fluid.
This easy to make drink at home is a good refreshing agent during heat waves. The flavor of rose petals and the royal aroma of rose make it one of its kind.
It maintains the body temperature and can be served as a drink to guests, friends and family.
You can make it at home by adding it in water and then mixing some sugar if you want and then serving it.
Green Rush – Best Summer Beverage in the Top 20 Healthy Drinks
Cucumber which is a very healthy vegetable and a good anti oxidant is used in the making of this healthy summer drink. It is extremely refreshing and empowering for people during the worst of hot days. It is filled with the goodness of vitamins and minerals.
Ingredients for making Green Rush
Method for Making Green Rush
- Blend all the ingredients until smooth with crushed ice
2. Garnish with a celery stick and serve chilled.
This is a fruit-based cocktail that you can prepare at home easily within minutes. This can be a good appetizer during summers.
|45ml||Bacardi rum white|
|9 -10 pcs||Pineapple chunks|
|60 ml||Pineapple juice|
Instructions to make Pineapple Cocktail at home
- Take 9 -10 chunks of fresh pineapple and 4-5 pieces of green cardamom.
- Put them in a cocktail shaker. Muddle gently.
- Add Bacardi white rum 45 ml and Malibu 15 ml.
- Add pineapple juice 60 ml. Top up the cocktail shaker with ice cubes.
- Shake well, strain and serve in a chilled martini glasses. Garnish with a pineapple cone.
Green Tea – Heat Buster Healthy Summer Drink
If you are a tea lover, then green tea is what you’re looking for in the scorching heat of summer. Green tea helps you get in shape. It keeps you fit and your body slim. It also helps your metabolism work fast.
This drink is definitely going to make you better with physical activities. So, this is the reason for it being the top 20 healthy summer drinks of the year.
Cold Coffee – On Demand Summer Beverage In the Top 20
But what if you don’t like tea? Then don’t worry darling because your recipe expert has a wonderful option for you called cold coffee. You can easily make it at home by blending coffee powder, milk, sugar, and ice in a mixer/ grinder or blender. This tastes amazing. And it also serves as a respite from the hot coffee.
Fruit smoothies – Healthiest Summer Drinks
You can easily make different varieties of fruit smoothies and relish your experience with fruits. Blend your favorite fruits with yogurt with some ice cubes and enjoy the delicious flavor of your favorite fruit. It is easy and instant to make at home. Fruits will be full of vitamins and minerals thus adding an edge to your healthy diet.
Sparkling blueberry lemonade –
This combination of lemons and blueberries is delicious and tempting to drink. Add some crushed blueberries to your regular lemonade and enjoy its tangy flavor. You will fall in love with this twisted lemonade, so do give it a try and make your boring lifestyle adventurous.
This sweet and tangy, sparkling drink is the best when you are feeling dehydrated. It is a mixture of pure grape juice and honey, which provides essential nutrients to the body. It keeps you healthy and hydrated throughout time. You can buy this soda from any normal stall and dive in its taste.
Mosambi Juice – Healthiest in the Summer Drinks of Top 20
The juice filled with the vitamin C of citrus mosambi is a treat for all age groups. It is best to make it at home and make your daily drink this amazing and extremely healthy during the summers.
Guava Agua Fresca – Last in my List of 20 Healthy Summer Drinks
Agua de Guayaba is an amazingly refreshing summer drink. Agua Fresca is a popular drink in Mexico, United States, and Central America. Primarily made with fresh fruit and chilled water. Guava Agua Fresca is Vitamin C-loaded, an immunity-boosting recipe. You must try this once! I assure you! You will fall in love with it!
Conclusion On My Top 20 Healthy Summer Drinks
I hope you had a great time knowing what are the best drinks for you in this scorching summer! But, if you have any other doubts and things that you want to know, then I am just a text away. Leave your comments in the comment box! And I will reach you soon.
Stay tuned for more such recipe updates.
Beating The Heat
- Roasted Capsicum Chutney Recipe | Burnt Capsicum Chutney | Roasted Bell Pepper Chatni
- Aloo Laccha Pakora Recipe | Crispy Potato Lachha Pakoda | Aloo Pakoda
- Ice Cream Sandwich
- Kara Chutney | Side Dish for Dosa | How to make kara chutney at home?
- Masala Pav Recipe | Bhaji Masala Pav | Mumbai Street Style Pav Masala