An ardent Chai lover? Here’s something for you!
Chai holds a special place amongst many and tea lovers don’t need a specific reason or time to drink one. Everyone has a special way of preparing it. Chai is embellished with the sweetness of sugar and spiciness due to its masala. It is renowned for its fragrant aroma.
Tandoori chai is an ever trending variety of tea ever. We all are familiar with the masala tea obsession, with its growing popularity, now sellers are coming up with new and innovative techniques of serving tea. Tandoori chai is a unique way of preparing tea with a subtle touch of earthly flavours and playing indistinguishably with the same old masala chai.
Preparing tandoori chai at home is no rocket science. It’s very simple to prepare at home without any large apparatus. What makes this tea different from the others is its quirky preparation style. It’s a trending style of preparing the same old tea with the flavours of old school yet evergreen khulhad . Khulhad is a clay pot. This tea gets its special flavour from the hot khulhad, a clay pot used in its preparation. You can make this smokey chai at home with ease. This enchanting delicacy is sure to please your taste buds.
INGREDIENTS FOR TANDOORI CHAI
- 1 cup of water
- 2 ½ tbsp tea leaves
- 1 ½ tbsp U
- 1 inch ginger chopped
- Few pieces of cloves
- Tulsi (basil leaves)
- 5-6 black pepper ( powdered form)
- 1-inch cinnamon stick
- ¼ tsp of cardamom powder
- Saffron strands ( optional)
- 1 ½ cup milk
- Clay pot
METHOD TO PREPARE TANDOORI CHAI
- Start with boiling 1 cup of water
- Into the water add the tea leaves
- Add sugar
- Now add few pieces of chopped ginger
- Add cinnamon stick.
- Put in cloves and black pepper ( in powdered form)
- Add cardamom powder
- You can also flavour it with some saffron, as per preference.
- Mix it a little bit.
- After one minute of boiling add the milk
- Let this mixture boil. Make sure it boils nicely.
- After the tea is nicely boiled, turn off the flame
- With the help of a tea strainer pour the tea in a jar.
- Now carefully with the help of tongs place your clay pot on the flame and heat it.
- Heat it on low flame and make sure it becomes slightly red.
- Make sure that you keep rotating the clay pot with the help of tongs.
- Make sure to heat the clay pot from inside as well.
- Once you notice the change in colour of the pot, take it off the flame.
- Place it in an open pan
- Now, pour the hot tea over it.
Now you’ll see that this tandoori chai amasses bubbles like a volcano. It’s ready to serve.
Now you know this simple trick of making this tandoori chai at home. All you need is a clay pot. Try this simple and exciting recipe at home during this quarantine period and bless your taste buds with earthly flavours.
Chai has the ingredients which are proven to provide relief to a lot of throat problems and benefits when given during cough, fever or even during headaches.
Make this tandoori chai for your loved ones and enjoy it while working from home to energise yourself. Tandoori chai is an instant stress reliever.