Aloo Papdi Recipe | Aloo Ki Mathri | Khasta Aloo Mathri
By Shambhavi Singh Created on : July 13, 2021
Aloo Papdi Recipe | Aloo Mathri Recipe | Khasta Aloo Mathri – Mathris are the most loved snack by Indian households in every part. It is an extremely tasty and crunchy snack. This crispy snack is best suited with evening teas and chai. You can have this aloo mathri whenever you want. The best part is that you can serve this simple and delicious snack to your guests too.
Coming from the Indian state of Gujarat, Aloo Papdi Recipe or Aloo Mathri Recipe or Khasta Aloo Mathri is crisp and crunch in and out. It can also be eaten with achar as aloo papdi achari chaat. This is very mouth-watering and fulfilling for the taste buds! Try once and fall in love with it forever.
Ingredients for Khasta Aloo Ki Mathri Recipe
|all purpose flour/ Maida||1 cup|
|wheat flour/ Genhu aata||1/2 cup|
|semolina rava or suji||3 tbsp|
|potato finely grated||1 large|
|red chilly powder||1 tsp|
|coriander powder||1 tsp|
|cumin seeds/ jeera||1 tsp|
|kasuri methi (optional)||1/2 tsp|
|Salt||As per taste|
|Oil to knead the flour and fry the mathris||As per requirement|
Aloo Papdi/ Khasta Mathri Recipe Instructions
- Start by mixing all ingredients (not potatoes)
- In the center of the vessel and the dry ingredients pour 2 tbsp oil
- Add the potatoes and mix all ingredients
- Add 3 tbsp water and begin to knead the dough
- Keep adding water as per the requirement to knead the flour
- Remember : You need the consistency of the dough slightly hard than the regular knead dough for making chapatis.
- Heat oil in a circular pan, take a kadhai – best suited for frying! But make sure to not allow the oil to become very hot.
- Make small rolls and flatten them to make a Puri
- Once you’ve made enough Puris to dry your first batch, begin frying.
- Since we used raw grated potatoes ensure you fry the mathris on low flame so they turn crisp inside out!
- Once you’re done with frying all the mathris, let them cool off for at least 2 hours, post that you could store them in your favorite dabba!!
- Your tasty Aloo Papdi Recipe | Aloo Ki Mathri | Khasta Aloo Mathri is ready to eat and serve.
- These mathris easily last for 15 days if kept in a cool dry place below 23° C .
I hope you enjoyed making the tasty and crispy Aloo Papdi Recipe | Aloo Ki Mathri | Khasta Aloo Mathri with me. If you have any doubts or queries then feel free to drop them in the comment section below. I will reach out to you shortly.
Stay tuned for more such amazing recipe updates.
Aloo Ki Mathri
Aloo Papdi Recipe
crispy aloo ki mathri
Khasta Aloo Mathri
- Roasted Capsicum Chutney Recipe | Burnt Capsicum Chutney | Roasted Bell Pepper Chatni
- Aloo Laccha Pakora Recipe | Crispy Potato Lachha Pakoda | Aloo Pakoda
- Ice Cream Sandwich
- Kara Chutney | Side Dish for Dosa | How to make kara chutney at home?
- Masala Pav Recipe | Bhaji Masala Pav | Mumbai Street Style Pav Masala