Chocolate Coconut Cake Recipe – This is a very healthy and tasty dessert that is tailor-made for you. This is instant to make and sweet to taste. Everybody is going to love this recipe! So, try it once and fall in love with this!
Ingredients for Chocolate Coconut Cake Recipe
For The Cake
- 2 ½ cups (325 g) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces (113 g) semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 cup (226 g) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups (400 g) granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup (56 g) unsweetened cocoa powder, plus more for dusting the pan
- 1 ½ cups (360 ml) canned coconut milk
|all-purpose flour||2 ½ cups (325 g)|
|baking soda||1 teaspoon|
|semisweet chocolate, finely chopped||4 ounces (113 g)|
|unsalted butter, softened||1 cup (226 g)|
|2 cups (400 g)granulated sugar||2 cups (400 g)|
|vanilla extract||1 teaspoon|
|unsweetened cocoa powder, plus more for dusting the pan||⅔ cup (56 g)|
|1 ½ cups (360 ml)||canned coconut milk|
For The Filling
|canned coconut milk||1 cup (240 ml)|
|egg yolks||4 large|
|granulated sugar||⅓ cup (67 g)|
|cornstarch||2 ½ tablespoons|
|coconut extract||1 teaspoon|
|unsalted butter, cut into pieces||2 tablespoons|
|shredded sweetened coconut||½ cup (43 g)|
Chocolate Coconut Cake Recipe Instructions
Making The Cake
- Heat the oven to 325°F. Spray 3 8-inch round pans with nonstick spray. Line the bottoms with parchment paper cut into a circle to fit the pan. Spray the parchment paper with nonstick spray and dust the pan lightly with cocoa powder. Tap out any excess and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, chocolate powder, milk, and salt. Stir with a whisk and set aside.
- Using a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment or a handheld electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar together on medium-low speed until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed. Beat in the vanilla.
- With the mixer set to low speed. gradually add half the flour mixture, followed by the coconut milk, and then the remaining flour mixture. Beat just until combined. The batter will be thick.
- Divide the batter evenly between the 3 prepared pans. Use an offset spatula to spread the batter all the way to the edges of the pan and smooth out the surface.
- Bake for 28 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with only a few dry crumbs. Cool the cake in the pans for 10 minutes, then invert the cakes onto a wire rack to cool completely. Peel the parchment paper off the bottoms before filling.
Make The Filling
- Bring the coconut milk up to a simmer in a medium bowl. Whisk the egg yolks, sugar, cornstarch, butter and extract until blended and pale in color. Slowly pour in the coconut hot milk while whisking continuously. his will make your frosting of coconut.
- Pour the thickened pastry cream through a fine-mesh sieve then stir in the butter until fully melted. Place a piece of plastic wrap directly on top of the pastry cream, making sure it is touching the surface, and refrigerate until cooled completely. Stir in the shredded coconut.
- Place one of the cake layers on a serving plate, bottom side up. Spread half the pastry cream over the top, leaving a ½-inch margin around the edge. Top with another cake layer. Repeat with remaining pastry cream and top with the third cake layer.
- Your coconut cake slices are ready!
Make The Frosting
- Prepare the coconut buttercream frosting according to the recipe instructions. Spread the frosting over the top and sides of the cake.
- Using a large cake scraper, remove frosting from the sides of the cake until the cake layers begin to show through.
- And your tasty Chocolate Coconut Cake Recipe is ready to serve!
FAQS Related to Chocolate Coconut Cake Recipe
Can I make chocolate cake day before?
Un-iced: If you don’t need to ice your cake until the day, you can bake your cake at least 2-3 days ahead of time. But you will need to store it carefully. Wrap it and seal it in an airtight container so it doesn’t lose moisture.
Does coconut cake need to be refrigerated?
If your cake has an icing, that contains butter, whipped cream or cream cheese, you should cover your coconut cake and keep it refrigerated. It will keep better and you won’t have to worry about it spoiling.
What ingredient makes a cake moist and fluffy?
Creaming Butter & Sugar. Whisking butter and sugar together is one essential tip to make the cake spongy, fluffy and moist. Whisk butter and sugar for long until the mixture becomes pale yellow and fluffy because of incorporation of air. The process is known as creaming.
I hope you enjoyed making the tasty Chocolate Coconut Cake Recipe with me! If you have any queries then contact me by dropping your comments! I will reach you soon!
Stay tuned for more such amazing recipe updates!
Chocolate Coconut Cake
Chocolate Coconut Cake Recipe
- Roasted Capsicum Chutney Recipe | Burnt Capsicum Chutney | Roasted Bell Pepper Chatni
- Aloo Laccha Pakora Recipe | Crispy Potato Lachha Pakoda | Aloo Pakoda
- Ice Cream Sandwich
- Kara Chutney | Side Dish for Dosa | How to make kara chutney at home?
- Masala Pav Recipe | Bhaji Masala Pav | Mumbai Street Style Pav Masala