Whenever we go to a restaurant we always rely on a dish like MALAI KOFTA that is super creamy and full of different spices that change our taste buds. Isn’t it?
So Here You Go…
MALAI KOFTA is a dish that makes the mouth water only after listening to its name. It is the perfect blend of cream and spices. This creamy recipe will make your mouth-watering… Your Mom has made it earlier back then it is always a childhood favorite dish. Let’s relive those memories again with this recipe.
If you are searching,
How To Make Restaurant Style MALAI KOFTA AT HOME?
This recipe is perfect to make on any occasion like Birthday Party, Anniversary, Kitty Party, House Party, and many more.
These few questions that may come to your mind while preparing MALAI KOFTA.
These are as follows:
- What is MALAI KOFTA?
- How to make Sanjeev Kapoor Style MALAI KOFTA?
- How to make MALAI KOFTA without onion?
- What are the tips to make a perfect MALAI KOFTA recipe?
So here are the answers of all your questions:
What is Malai Kofta?
MALAI KOFTA is a very famous Indian vegetarian dish prepared using paneer balls soaked in delicious smooth creamy gravy. These koftas are originally fried with different types of stuffing being added to it. It is mainly made with paneer, potatoes, cheese, etc. It can be served as a starter in the evenings even in the main course at night. If you want the recipe to prepare malai koftas in Sanjeev Kapoor style you can absolutely do it. It serves perfectly with Basmati Rice, Jeera Rice, Butter Naan, or even with a Tawa Roti. Add it with some salad to add taste to your dish.
How To Make Sanjeev Kapoor Style Malai Kofta?
Preparation Time: 30 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
Boiled Potatoes (Mashed) 1 cup
Coriander Powder 1 Teaspoon
Red Chilli Powder. ½ Teaspoon
Salt To Taste
Cottage Cheese (Paneer) 1 cup
Green Chillies. 2 Finely Chopped
Vegetable Oil To Fry
Corn Flour. ¼ Cup
FOR KOFTA STUFFING:
Dry Fruits (Cashews, Raises). ¼ cup
Coagulated Milk (Mawa). ¼ cup
Sliced Onions. 1 cup
Ginger Paste. 1 Tablespoon
Chopped Tomatoes. 2 medium
Garlic Paste 1 Tablespoon
Red Chilli Powder ½Teaspoon
Dry Fruits 8-10 Pieces
Salt To Taste
Water 1 cup
Cream ½ cup
Vegetable oil. 5-6 Tablespoons
Butter. 3-4 Tablespoons
Khuskhus. 1 Tablespoon
For Kofta Stuffing
- Roast mawa in a pan and keep in a bowl.
- Cut the dry fruits in pieces and mix them with the mawa. Keep it aside separately in a bowl.
- Take grated vegetables and drain out from the water completely. Grate cottage cheese and boiled potatoes and mash it.
- Now mix potatoes with vegetables and cottage cheese all together in a bowl.
- Now add green chillies, red chilli powder, salt to taste and mix them firmly. Make a firm dough if it is soft add some more paneer. Make small balls from this dough.
- Take all-purpose flour or maintain a plate and cover each ball from it.
- Heat oil in a pan. Deep fry the koftas at medium flame. Fry these balls until it changes into golden in colour. Keep them on the tissue or paper towel to remove the extra oil from the balls.
- Heat oil in a pan and add chopped onions and saute it well. When it turns pink in colour add tomatoes, ginger, garlic, red chilli powder, salt, some cashews then add water into it and cook for 2 minutes. Then pass it to the blending jar and blend it to form a smooth paste.
- Again heat little oil in a pan. Add butter in it. Then add garam masala, turmeric powder then add that paste in it. Saute it well until it changes into light red in colour. Then add a little bit of sugar for balancing the taste.
- Add 1.5 cup of water into it. Cook it for 5 minutes on medium flame. Reduce the gas to simmer.
- Now the gravy is ready. Add some koftas gently and cook it for 2-3 minutes more.
- Add cream for garnish and hot spices. Turn out the gas.
- Now garnish it with fresh coriander leaves and kasoori methi with salad and serve it with naan or basmati rice to enjoy this deliciously creamy recipe.
How To Make Malai Kofta Without Onion?
If you are searching to make Malai Kofta with no onion and garlic in place of that you can use ginger paste and garam masalas like cinnamon stick, green cardamoms, cloves to add taste to the different gravy of Malai Kofta. You can also add asafoetida to the recipe.
What Are The Tips To Make Perfect Malai Kofta Recipe?
- Cornflour is one of the key ingredients as this binds the mixture in a suitable manner and gives perfect color and texture to the koftas. Without this koftas will turn soft and mushy from inside.
- You should add some dry fruits in the stuffing of koftas because it makes them tastier. Remember dry fruits should be finely chopped.
- Onion and Tomato are the key ingredients of the gravy if you want to make without onion that also fine but tomato puree will give it a balanced sweet and tangy taste to the gravy for a perfect Malai Kofta.
Credits: Varsha Tejwani