Here is a quick and easy way to prepare Pudina rice at home. It will hardly take 30 minutes including the boiling of rice. Before we jump on this delicious recipe let us first learn some benefits about Pudina
What is pudina or mint?
Mint is the hero ingredient and the game-changer.
Let’s prepare Pudina Rice!
Ingredients to Make Pudina Rice
|1 tsp||cumin seeds|
|2 tbsp||cashew nuts|
|2||potatoes ( chopped)|
|½ cup||green peas|
|according to taste||Salt|
|3||Garlic cloves ( chopped)|
|1-inch||ginger ( chopped)|
|2||green chilies ( chopped)|
|2 tbsp||coconut (grated)|
|2 tbsp||coriander leaves ( fresh) and (chopped)|
|2 tbsp||mint leaves|
|Juice of ½||lemon|
|1 cup||rice ( boiled)|
|1 cup||mint leaves|
Let’s start preparing.
Step by Step Instructions for Making Pudina Rice or Mint Pulao
Serve this dish hot and fresh. The freshness of mint and the flavours of royal Indian spices makes this dish extremely delicious and healthy. A perfect combination of health and taste.
- Heat 1 ½ tbsp of oil in the pan.
2. Start adding dry spices.
3. Add cinnamon
5. 1 tsp cumin seeds
7. Now add cashew nuts
8. Add 2 tbsp of raisins and sauté
9. Cook this till the cashew nuts change color
10. Now add one finely chopped onion and sauté this till the onions turn light golden
11. Add 2 chopped potatoes
12. Add ½ cup of green peas, Add salt to taste.
Final steps in making Pudina Rice
- Mix well.
2. Let it sit and cover it with a lid for 2 minutes without adding water.
3. The potatoes and peas are raw so it will take some time to cook. While it is cooking, prepare the chutney in the meanwhile.
4. In a grinder add garlic, chopped ginger, green chillies, 2tbsp of freshly grated coconut, 2tbsp of chopped coriander, 2 tbsp of mint leaves, juice of ½ lemon, ½ teaspoon of sugar.
5. Add a little bit of water.
6. Grind this into a fine paste
7. Let’s get back to the vegetables. After 2 minutes of cooking, vegetables Add ½ cup of water.
8. Cover it with a lid and let it cook.
9. Let’s check the potatoes as they are cooking for the last 6-7 minutes. Check if they are soft.
10. Now add ½ capsicum ( chopped) and sauté
11. Cook this for few seconds
12. Now add the ground paste into the pan
13. Mix it well with the vegetables
14. Now add 1 cup of boiled rice into the mixture
15. Add salt ( as per taste)
16. Give this a mix
17. Mix all the ingredients properly
18. Now add 1 cup of Pudina leaves. Don’t chop these leaves with a knife. You can tear it with your fingers
19. Give this a good mix
20. Now cover it with a lid for 2 minutes
21. After 2 minutes turn off the flames. And mix the rice gently
22. And it is ready.
It is a perfect dish to prepare in lockdown. Apparently, we are locked in our houses and it is not safe to visit restaurants. However, this simple dish can be prepared at home within 30 minutes, and its fun to prepare.