How To Make Rajma Chawal At Home?
By Varsha Tejwani Created on : August 23, 2020
We always think to make a recipe that boosts our immunity and is the need of the hour. Isn’t it? Try making RAJMA CHAWAl.
Here is the best rajma recipe you can try to make at home with different spices.
It’s light and creamy texture suites best with steamed rice or chawal.
It’s a well-known combo which is very popular and always tastes delicious without any doubt. It’s the perfect meal on a plate.
If you are thinking about what to cook for a weekend night at home, Rajma Recipe is the best option for it. It’s really easy to cook and tastes amazingly well.
ABOUT THE RECIPE
Rajma Masala is indeed a flavourful dish of soaked kidney beans used to make this delightful Punjabi Style Dish.
You may have seen many videos of it but still haven’t found a perfect recipe.
Here you go..
- Onion and Tomatoes
- Kidney Beans
- Different spices
- Oil or butter
- Salt and Sugar
STEP BY STEP RECIPE
Course: Main Course
Soaking Time: 8 Hours
Cook Time: 40 Minutes
Main Keyword: Rajma, Rajma Chawal, Punjabi Style Rajma
Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
- 3 cups of water
- 2 green chilies
- 1 Cup Rajma
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- 1-2 Bay Leaves
- 1 ginger chopped
- 6 to 7 garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds, 1 cup onion
- 1 teaspoon Kashmiri Chilli Powder
- 1.5 teaspoon coriander powder
- ¾ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 4 Tomatoes
- ¾ teaspoon sugar
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon Kasuri methi
- 1 tablespoon butter
PREPARATION (RAJMA CHAWAL)
- Clean the kidney beans and soak it for 8-9 hours.
- Make a paste of green chillies, garlic and ginger by blending it in a blending jar and keep aside.
HOW TO MAKE RAJMA CHAWAL RECIPE?
- Add soaked beans in a pressure cooker with 3 cups of water.
- Pressure cook the rajma beans until soft.
- Take the green chili paste from the blender.
- Heat ghee or oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds and saute it for few seconds.
- Add finely chopped onions and cook until it gets golden in color. Do not over saute it.
ALT TEXT RAJMA RECIPE
- Then add chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, tomatoes. Saute it for 3 to 4 minutes until all the veggies get soft.
- Now add salt, soaked rajma, garam masala and mix it nicely. Then add 2.5 cups of water and mix.
- Open the pan add sugar, Kasuri methi and butter. Sim for 2 or 3 minutes until the gravy gets thick and creamy.
- Garnish some chopped coriander leaves and cream on the top of it. Serving it with a salad like onions, lemon wedges on the side.
Can Rajma Recipe be made without onion and garlic?
YES! You can definitely make a rajma recipe without onion and garlic. In place of that, you can add a pinch of hing with the cumin seeds.
Then add tomatoes and spices and proceed with the rest of the recipe. Follow, the exact method. Just skip onion and garlic. Heat hing along with cumin seeds in ghee or oil. Rest you can make this easy-going recipe at home without any delay.
SECRET TO BEST TASTE:
The secret that you can follow will make your rajma curry taste heavenly delicious the next day that is; by soaking all the flavors of rajma by overnight freezing which lends it an amazing taste.
Try this trick whenever you want to have the delicious taste of rajma chawal on a weekend dinner meal.
BENEFITS OF EATING RAJMA
Let’s go through it:
- Rajma/ Kidney beans help in controlling blood pressure levels.
- It is also rich in fiber, vitamins, minerals like phosphorus, copper, and iron.
- It helps in balancing your blood sugar levels and also useful for weight loss.
- Rajma is a good source of zinc, helps in increasing the immunity of your body. It is full of carbs which regulate your cholesterol. It is very powerful to reduce the risk of heart diseases.
Do try this healthy recipe out and give a boost to your immunity.
CREDITS: VARSHA TEJWANI
- Roasted Capsicum Chutney Recipe | Burnt Capsicum Chutney | Roasted Bell Pepper Chatni
- Aloo Laccha Pakora Recipe | Crispy Potato Lachha Pakoda | Aloo Pakoda
- Ice Cream Sandwich
- Kara Chutney | Side Dish for Dosa | How to make kara chutney at home?
- Masala Pav Recipe | Bhaji Masala Pav | Mumbai Street Style Pav Masala