Eggless Fruit Cake Recipe | Christmas Plum Cake
By Shambhavi Singh Created on : June 29, 2021
Eggless Fruit Cake Recipe | Christmas Plum Cake – Do you love baking? Or you just love sweets and cakes because you have a sweet tooth? Were you planning to make this Christmas special with a tasty fruit cake? Or are you a vegetarian and searching for an eggless cake recipe? If any of your answer is yes, then you are at the right place! But, even if it is not, then remember that this cake recipe is the easiest and the quickest to make so try it once and fall in love with it!
You can also try making Eggless Mango Cake Recipe. Also try eggless strawberry short cakes. Another must try in your list can be eggless chocolate chip cookies. On my suggestion also try eggless banana bread.
Ingredients for Christmas Plum Cake Recipe
For soaking dry fruits:
|dates / khajoor (chopped)||100 grams|
|raisins / kishmish||100 grams|
|tutti frutti (green)||50 grams|
|tutti frutti (red)||50 grams|
|mixed berry||200 grams|
|fig (chopped)||100 grams|
|apricot (chopped)||50 grams|
|grape juice||200 ml|
For the cake batter:
|butter (softened)||250 grams|
|brown sugar||300 grams|
|almond powder||50 grams|
|baking soda||¼ tsp|
|cinnamon powder||¼ tsp|
|clove powder||¼ tsp|
|baking powder||1 tsp|
|pistachios (chopped)||2 tbsp|
|cherry (chopped)||2 tbsp|
|cashew (chopped)||2 tbsp|
For The cherry syrup:
|cherry (chopped)||2 tbsp|
Eggless Fruit Cake Recipe Instructions
How to soak dried fruits for a perfect christmas fruitcake:
- firstly, in a glass jar take 100 grams dates, 100 grams raisins, 50 grams tutti frutti, 50 grams tutti frutti, 200 grams mixed berry, 100 grams fig and 50 grams apricot.
- soak in 200 ml grape juice. you can alternatively soak in orange juice, apple juice, brandy or rum.
- mix well and soak for atleast 8 hours or until the dried fruits absorb all the juice.
Eggless Fruit Cake batter preparation:
- firstly, in a large bowl take 250 grams butter and 300 grams brown sugar.
- beat well until the butter and sugar turn creamy. if you do not access to brown sugar then use white sugar. adding brown sugar makes cakes moist and gives good colour.
- now add 50 grams oil and 130 grams curd. since we are not adding the egg, the curd is a good replacement for eggs.
- continue to beat until the mixture turns creamy like frosting.
- further, add 300 grams maida, 50 grams almond powder, ¼ tsp baking soda, 1 tsp baking powder, ¼ tsp salt, ¼ tsp clove powder and ¼ tsp cinnamon powder.
- using a spatula, mix using the cut and fold method. do not over mix as the cake turns chewy then.
- now add soaked dried fruits. make sure the dried fruits have absorbed all the juice, else drain off the juice and add dried fruits.
- also, add 2 tbsp pistachios, 2 tbsp cherry and 2 tbsp cashew.
- mix gently, making sure the dried fruits are well combined.
- transfer the fruit cake batter to a cake tin. Make sure to line a butter paper at the bottom to prevent it from sticking.
- and also tap twice to level up uniformly and remove any air bubbles if present.
- place the cake pan into the preheated oven and bake at 160 degree for 1.5 hours.
- insert a toothpick and check if the cake has baked completely.
- cool the cake and then unmould the eggless christmas cake.
Cherry syrup preparation for feeding the Eggless Fruit Cake Recipe | Christmas Plum Cake:
- firstly, in pan take 2 tbsp cherry, ¼ cup sugar and 1 cup water.
- boil for 5 minutes or until the cherry softens.
- cool completely, and now cherry syrup is ready.
- poke the cake with the help of skewer. make sure not to damage the cake.
- now pour the cherry syrup slowly. you can alternatively use alcohol to feed. the cake.
- rest for atleast 1 hour. so that the cake absorbs all the juice well.
- finally, enjoy eggless christmas cake or store in an airtight container and serve up to a week.
- Enjoy your Eggless Fruit Cake Recipe | Christmas Plum Cake!
So, darling I hope you enjoyed baking and making your favourite eggless fruit cake recipe. If you have any feedbacks then feel free to type in the comment box below.
And, yes! Stay tuned for more such amazing recipe updates!
Christmas Plum Cake
Eggless Fruit Cake Recipe
fruit cake recipe
homemade cake recipe
- Roasted Capsicum Chutney Recipe | Burnt Capsicum Chutney | Roasted Bell Pepper Chatni
- Aloo Laccha Pakora Recipe | Crispy Potato Lachha Pakoda | Aloo Pakoda
- Ice Cream Sandwich
- Kara Chutney | Side Dish for Dosa | How to make kara chutney at home?
- Masala Pav Recipe | Bhaji Masala Pav | Mumbai Street Style Pav Masala