If you are thinking to fulfil your evening snack cravings with a super tasty snack, the grilled sandwich will make you go gaga. Here we have an excitingly tempting and delicious cheesy grilled sandwich recipe!
The grilled sandwiches are super crispy and taste amazingly well when it is served with coriander chutney and tomato ketchup. They are an all-time good-to-go snack whether it is morning or evening. Moreover, grilled sandwiches have a lot of veggies as its major ingredients. Sprinkling the special sandwich powder and extra cheese gulp it within seconds.
By reading this blog you will get to know about :
- What is grilled sandwich?
- How to make the recipe of chessy grilled sandwich at home?
- Which cheese is better to use for sandwiches?
- What is the recipe of secret sandwich masala to enhance the taste?
WHAT IS GRILLED SANDWICH?
A toasted grilled sandwich is full of veggies, spices and cheese and chutney. Grill, the bread until it gets chrome brown and the cheese is completely melted. Moreover, you can add veggies as per taste; like cucumber, tomato, onions, spinach, and many more. Along with a good amount of calories, it has favourable nutrition content.
Steps To Make The Recipe Of Cheesy Grilled Sandwich At Home (MUMBAI STYLE) :
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 15 Minutes
Bread Slices: 6
Chopped Cucumber Slices: 8
Chopped Capsicum – 2
Boiled Potatoes – 5
Coriander Chutney – 1 bowl
Chopped Tomato Slices – 8
Chopped Onion Slices – 8
Butter For Spread
STEPS ARE AS FOLLOWS:
- To begin with, take three bread slices and cut them in triangular shape same as Mumbai style sandwich bread or you can keep it rectangular as well.
- Spread some butter on the slices along with 2 table spoons of coriander chutney over the first bread slice.
- Place some cucumber and onions slices and spread some sandwich masala over it.
- Put another slice of bread over it and then spread some green chutney on the second bread slice. Place tomato and capsicum slices over it. Add cheese slice and cover it with yet another slice of bread.
- Spread some butter on the top of it. Place it on the heated grill machine and then spread some butter on the other side too. Cover it and grill until it turns golden in colour and gets crispy in texture.
- Put it on the plate and for serving spread mayonnaise in a zigzag manner. Sprinkle some sandwich powder over it.
Enjoy it with tomato ketchup and coriander chutney.
Which cheese is better to use in the sandwiches?
Mozzarella tastes amazingly well and tasty when added in a grilled sandwich. You can also add it to your favourite pizza and pasta. It contains probiotics which are helpful to boost the immune system. It is also mostly cherished for its perfect consistency and flavour.
CHEDDAR is also well known for its cheesy and soft easy-melting texture. It has a pleasant flavour which adds to the taste of grilled sandwich and it also gets melted very easily. It is available in various flavours. You can use it as a slice or cut it in pieces as per requirements.
Finally, the main ingredient of the grilled sandwich is the powder which is used to enhance the taste and makes it even more delicious and mouth-watering.
RECIPE OF SANDWICH MASALA POWDER:
WHY SANDWICH POWDER?
This is the most important and secret ingredient of all the Mumbai style grilled sandwiches. This powder is very special and is used majorly across Mumbai street shops.
You can use this powder in any sandwich you like whether its a simple veggie sandwich or potato sandwich. It immediately enriches your taste buds and change the taste of your boring sandwich to a new level.
Do try this recipe out for all your sandwiches.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Serving: ¾ Cup
Cumin Powder: ½ cup
Dalchini/ cinnamon: 1 piece
Black pepper: 2 tablespoon
Black salt: 1 tablespoon
Aamchur/ Mango Powder: 1 tablespoon
Fennel seeds: 2 tablespoon
Garam masala powder: ½ tablespoon
Roast cumin seeds in a dry pan until it turns dark in color. Set it aside and let it cool down. Then add everything in blender and blend all the ingredients in fine powder. Let the mix cool down and thereafter place the mix in air tight container and store it for future use.
however here is a video for you guys in contrast with our recipe you can access too just click on the play icon you watch the video
CREDITS: VARSHA TEJWANI