Homemade Apple Jam Recipe | How to make Best Apple Jam?
By Shambhavi Singh Created on : June 29, 2021
Homemade Apple Jam Recipe | How to make Best Apple Jam? – Do you love jams of different flavours and aroma? Do you just love cooking new things at home? Or do you like sweet and sour taste? Or maybe you are just a crazy lover of jams of different tastes? If any of the answer for you is yes, then you are at the right place. But if not, then also you are at the right place, because there are some days when you just like or love eating jam. or maybe you just want to add it on your cake or smoothie as a topping, but whatever it is jams can be your best friend.
Moreover, if a jam is made at home with real fruits, then it is healthy, tasty, fresh and definitely safe also! So, you don’t need to worry if your kid has a sweet tooth and just loves eating jam, because this homemade apple jam will be the best and it will have the magic of your own hands.
Ingredients for Homemade Apple Jam Recipe
|Powdered cinnamon||1 teaspoon|
How to make Best Apple Jam Recipe? Instructions
- Step 1 Peeling & chopping the apples. To begin making this best apple jam recipe, wash and clean the apples. Next, peel them, and using a clean chopping board, chop them. Keep them aside until needed again.
- Step 2 Melting the apple. The next task for you is to put a deep bottomed pan on medium heat and add chopped or grated apple in it so that you can make it soft and cook. Allow the mixture to cook until the consistency of the mixture thickens.
- Step 3 Adding cinnamon powder & sugar. Now carefully add cinnamon powder followed by adding the sugar mixture to the chopped apple mixture. Reduce the heat to a low flame and let the mixture cook for half an hour for maximum time.
- Step 4 Mixing everything together. Finally using a wooden spoon, carefully mash the apples in the mixture. Cook until you attain a thick consistency resembling that of a jam.
- Step 5 Transferring homemade Apple Jam to containers. Cook for a few more minutes, then turn the gas off, and finally transfer your homemade Apple jam into a container.
- Serve and enjoy because your tasty apple jam is ready!
FAQs related to Homemade Apple Jam Recipe
Here are some frequently asked questions relating to Apple Jam Recipe which is made at home. I hope you will enjoy the process.
How do you make apple jam from scratch?
Combine apples, white sugar, light brown sugar, lemon juice, lemon zest, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and allspice in a pot; bring to a rolling boil. Cook at a boil, stirring occasionally, until fruit is soft and jam gelling point (220 degrees F (104 degrees C) is reached, at least 45 minutes.
What apples are best for jam?
The best apples for jam will encompass a variety of flavors; in fact, we recommend mixing varieties like Pink Lady, Granny Smith, and SweeTango® for a terrific flavor profile. Not to worry if you only have one of these on hand; they all make great standalone jams too.
How long does homemade apple jam last?
How Do You Make Jam That Lasts? Here’s how long homemade jam lasts: For homemade jam using sugar and processed by canning in a hot water bath, you can expect to get about two years of shelf life when stored in a cool, dry place. Once opened, keep your homemade jam in the refrigerator for up to three months.
What is the difference between apple butter and apple jam?
The only thing apple butter has in common with regular butter is its spreadability. But it’s actually more comparable to preserves or jam than it is butter; it’s really just concentrated fruit, maybe a bit of sugar, with no dairy in sight.
What is the difference between jam and jelly?
Jams are made from crushed or ground fruit, resulting in a thicker spread that holds its shape but is less firm than jellies. Unlike jelly, jam is not clear, and you may find fruit chunks or particles dispersed throughout it. Jams can be prepared with and without added pectin, as fruits naturally provide it.
Should homemade jam be kept in the fridge?
Home-made jam should be stored in a cool, dry place away from direct light and used within 12 months of making. Once opened the jar should be stored in the refrigerator and used within one month. I would suggest discarding any jars of jam that have mould growing on top.
I hope you enjoyed making the apple jam recipe at home. Homemade Apple Jam Recipe or Best Apple Jam is loved by people from all ages.
So, relish your jam. And yes! Stay tuned for more such amazing recipe updates!
Homemade Apple Jam
Homemade Apple Jam Recipe
Homemade Best Apple Jam Recipe
How to make Best Apple Jam?
- Roasted Capsicum Chutney Recipe | Burnt Capsicum Chutney | Roasted Bell Pepper Chatni
- Aloo Laccha Pakora Recipe | Crispy Potato Lachha Pakoda | Aloo Pakoda
- Ice Cream Sandwich
- Kara Chutney | Side Dish for Dosa | How to make kara chutney at home?
- Masala Pav Recipe | Bhaji Masala Pav | Mumbai Street Style Pav Masala