Ice Cream Sandwich – This tasty dessert cum snack is a tasty, delicious and precious delight for the taste buds to taste. It serves as one of the healthiest, trendiest and tastiest home made dessert. You can try it anytime at your home!
Ingredients for Ice Cream Sandwich
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 gallon ice cream, any flavor
Ice Cream Sandwich Directions
- Prepare the oven and pan. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Butter the bottom of the jelly roll pan, then line it with parchment, leaving enough to hang over the sides. The butter will help the parchment stick to the pan when you spread the batter. The jelly roll pan should be about 15×11, give or take a little on either side.
- Combine dry ingredients:In a small bowl, whisk together the flour and baking powder. Set aside.
- Make the chocolate sauce:In a medium saucepan set over low heat, slowly melt the butter, chocolate, vanilla, and salt together, stirring constantly. Once melted, remove from heat.
- Finish the batter:Stir the brown and white sugars into the chocolate mixture. Add the eggs one at a time, stirring until well combined. Fold in the flour mixture.
- Spread the batter in the pan:Using an offset spatula or standard spatula, spread the batter into a thin, even layer on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes. When finished, the brownie should have puffed up just a little, and the top should look dry.
- Cool and cut the brownie slab:Let cool completely. Once cool, use the parchment sides to lift the brownie slab out of the pan. Transfer to a large cutting board.Cut the brownie in half down the middle from north to south. Use an offset spatula or knife and run it between brownie slabs and the parchment. Put one brownie on top of the next just to make sure the top is the same size as the bottom. Trim about 1/4 of an inch off each side so you have smooth even edges.
- Prepare to assemble the ice cream sandwiches:You are going to make one large ice cream sandwich, wrap it, freeze it, and then cut into individual ice cream sandwiches a little later.To do this: Place a piece of plastic wrap over the baking sheet. Leave enough hanging over the edges to wrap the entire brownie once you’ve finished assembling the ice cream sandwich.Place one of the brownie slabs on the plastic wrap.
- Soften the ice cream:Remove the ice cream from the fridge or freezer and place it in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Beat it on low to medium-low just until it reaches the consistency of soft-serve ice cream. This should only take a minute or two.
- Assemble the ice cream sandwiches:Spread the softened ice cream in an even layer over the brownie slab on the plastic wrap lined baking sheet. Top with remaining brownie slab. Wrap in the plastic wrap, and freeze for at least two hours.
- Slice into individual ice cream sandwiches:Remove the ice cream sandwich from the freezer. Place on cutting board. Use a sharp knife to cut into 6 rectangle or 12 square-shaped ice cream sandwiches. Re-wrap in plastic wrap and freeze.
- Enjoy:When an ice cream (or brownie) craving kicks in just go to your freezer and grab a sandwich!
I hope you enjoyed making Ice Cream Sandwich at home in limited time. If you have any queries, then comment below and I will reach out to you soon!
Ice Cream Sandwich
Ice Cream Sandwich delicious
Ice Cream Sandwich homemade
Ice Cream Sandwich recipe
Ice Cream Sandwich tasty
- Roasted Capsicum Chutney Recipe | Burnt Capsicum Chutney | Roasted Bell Pepper Chatni
- Aloo Laccha Pakora Recipe | Crispy Potato Lachha Pakoda | Aloo Pakoda
- Ice Cream Sandwich
- Kara Chutney | Side Dish for Dosa | How to make kara chutney at home?
- Masala Pav Recipe | Bhaji Masala Pav | Mumbai Street Style Pav Masala