Sabudana Khichdi Recipe | Gujarati Style Sabudana | Fasting Vrat Sabudana Khichdi
By Shambhavi Singh Created on : June 26, 2021
Sabudana Khichdi Recipe | Gujarati Style Sabudana Khichdi | Fasting Vrat Sabudana Khichdi Recipe – This sabudana khichdi can be eaten as your breakfast, lunch, or dinner. The most important benefit of this tasty and tangy khichdi is that it can be eaten during fastings and vrats. It is tasty and keeps you full and wholesome for the entire day.
It gives you energy and is made with pure desi ghee at home. You can prepare your desi ghee also at home. Another dish prepared using sabudana is sabudana vada which can also be eaten during fasting or Navratri vrat.
Ingredients for Gujarati Style Sabudana Khichdi Recipe
|sabudana, sago pearls||180 grams, 1 cup|
|ghee or oil||1 tablespoon|
|cumin seeds||1/2 teaspoon|
|potatoes||1 medium, 200 grams, around 1 cup diced|
|raw peanuts||2 tablespoons|
|green chili chopped, adjust to taste||1-2|
|salt or use sendha namak if fasting||as per taste|
|sugar optional||1/2 teaspoon|
|lemon||juice of 1/2|
|cilantro, chopped||1 tablespoon|
Fasting Vrat Sabudana Khichdi Recipe Instructions
- Rinse sabudana under water until water turns clear. This is important to get rid of all the starch.
- Transfer the rinsed sabudana to a large bowl and add 1 cup water to it. No more.
- In the morning the sabudana would have soaked up all the water. But you still drain it using a colander just to get rid of any excess water.
- To check if sabudana is ready to cook, press a pearl between your thumb and index finger. It should smash easily. Set it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan on medium heat. Once the oil is hot, add the cumin seeds and let them sizzle for few seconds.
- Then add the diced potatoes and cook for 3-4 minutes stirring often until potatoes are almost cooked. It’s important to dice the boiled potatoes small here so that cook quickly.
- Add the raw peanuts and for another 2-3 minutes.
- Then add the green chili, curry leaves and cook for 1 more minute.
- Add the drained sabudana to the pan along with salt and sugar. Mix until well combined.
- Cook for few minutes until most of the sabudana pearls become translucent, stirring once or twice. Do not cook it for a long time else it will become sticky.
- Remove pan from heat. Add lemon juice and cilantro and toss to combine.
- Serve sabudana khichdi hot with chilled yogurt or raita.
- Your tasty sabudana khichdi recipe is ready to serve.
Notes for Making Sabudana Khichdi
- You may add ginger to the khichdi, tastes good.
- You may also add turmeric or other spices if not making this khichdi for fasting.
- Replace the salt with sendha namak if you are making this sabudana khichdi for navratri fast.
I hope you enjoyed making the Sabudana Khichdi Recipe in Gujarati Style for Fasting or Navratri Vrat . This khichdi is tasty and will be loved by all. You can try it in different styles and varieties, like the Maharashtrian sabudana khichdi recipe.
Also, comment and share your valuable feedbacks with me. And yes, stay tuned for more such amazing recipe updates.
Fasting Vrat Sabudana Khichdi
Gujarati Style Sabudana
navratri sabudana khichdi
Sabudana Khichdi Recipe
- Roasted Capsicum Chutney Recipe | Burnt Capsicum Chutney | Roasted Bell Pepper Chatni
- Aloo Laccha Pakora Recipe | Crispy Potato Lachha Pakoda | Aloo Pakoda
- Ice Cream Sandwich
- Kara Chutney | Side Dish for Dosa | How to make kara chutney at home?
- Masala Pav Recipe | Bhaji Masala Pav | Mumbai Street Style Pav Masala